Online Master of Information and Data Science
College description: The Master of Information and Data Science (MIDS) program delivered online from the UC Berkeley School of Information (I School) prepares data science professionals to be leaders in the field. By blending a multidisciplinary curriculum, experienced faculty from top data-driven companies, an accomplished network of peers, and the flexibility of online learning, the WASC-accredited datascience@berkeley program brings UC Berkeley to students, wherever they are.
Admission requirements for UC Berkeley School of Information’s online master’s programs:
1. A bachelor's degree earned from an accredited institution.
2. Online application.
3. Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended.
4. Statement of Purpose and additional admissions statements.
5. Two professional letters of recommendation.
6. Current resume.
7. Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) External link scores for applicants whose academic work has been in a country other than the U.S., U.K., Australia, or English-speaking Canada.
8. Application fee of $120 for domestic applicants or $140 for international applicants.
GRE or GMAT scores are not required for the Online Master of Information and Data Science from UC Berkeley.
The application deadline for the Online Master of Information and Data Science from UC Berkeley is February 3.
Online Master of Computer Science in Data Science
College description: Illinois Computer Science offers a specialized track of courses that satisfy the MCS degree requirements, but with coursework that focuses on data science — the art of extracting new knowledge and finding meaningful information in a massive sea of data. The Master of Computer Science in Data Science (MCS-DS) track is a non-thesis (coursework-only) program of study that leads to the MCS degree using courses that focus on data science. The MCS-DS track requires 32 credit hours of graduate coursework, completed through eight graduate-level courses each at the four credit hour level. The MCS-DS includes required coursework in machine learning, data mining, data visualization and cloud computing.
Admission requirements for the Illinois Master of Computer Science in Data Science (MCS-DS):
1.Applicants must have been awarded a 4-year bachelor’s degree equivalent to that granted by the University of Illinois to be eligible for the graduate programs at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
2. Online Application.
3. The university's application fee is $70 for US citizens and permanent residents and $90 for all other applicants.
4. Submit Unofficial Transcripts.
5. Three letters of recommendation.
6. A Statement of Purpose.
7. A CV/Resume.
8. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general aptitude tests (Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical) and subject test scores are recommended, but not required for the Illinois Master of Computer Science in Data Science (MCS-DS).
9. All applicants whose native language is not English, including permanent residents of the US should meet the English proficiency requirements (TOEFL iBT or IELTS scores).
Online Masters in Data Science Degree
College description: DataScience@SMU is an online Master of Science in Data Science program designed for current and aspiring data science professionals looking to gain the advanced skills needed to manage, analyze, mine, and understand complex data to make strategic decisions in a variety of industries.DataScience@SMU’s classes and coursework focus on statistics while building and expanding upon computer science and data visualization skills. As students progress in the program, they master more advanced concepts and have the opportunity to choose a specialization with a customized curriculum that closely aligns with their goals.
Admission requirements for an M.S. degree in Data Science program at Southern Methodist University:
1. Hold a bachelor’s degree or its recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required for Master of Science in Data Science program at Southern Methodist University.
3. A nonrefundable $75 application fee, which can be paid online, is required.
4. One letter of Recommendation from a professional or academic reference.
5. A professional resume or curriculum vitae.
6. The Statement of Purpose should explain the interest in earning the M.S. in Data Science from SMU.
7. Official transcripts from every institution attended, including study abroad and community college programs.
8. Applicants whose native language is not English must provide Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (90+) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores (6.5+).
Utica CollegeRanked 120 in Best Regional University in North.
Online MS in Data Science
College description: Utica's 30-credit, 100% online master's in data science program will prepare students to influence strategy and policy-making across organizations and industries. Students will also learn to evaluate data science regarding ethics, social responsibility, and personal bias.
The online Data Science Master’s requires the student to complete 15 credit hours in the data science core, followed by 12 credit hours in an area of their choosing, before finishing the program with a three (3) credit masters capstone project.
GRE/GMAT are scores optional.