M.S. in Kinesiology
College description: This degree supports and interest in coaching/teaching , personal training, or fitness instructions. The degree also supplements the practice of physical therapy, athletic training, other allied health professions, or any individual purpose a student may have.
Admission requirements for M.S. in Kinesiology at University of Wisconsin-Madison:
1. A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0=A scale) on the last 60 semester hours (or equivalent) of undergraduate coursework.
2. Every applicant whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate instruction was not in English must provide an English proficiency test score and meet the Graduate School minimum requirements.
GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) scores are Not required for M.S. in Kinesiology at University of Wisconsin-Madison.
4. Three Letters of Recommendation required.
5. An applicant must submit academic transcripts from each institution attended.
6. A statement of reasons for graduate study.
College description: The mission of the this program is to provide formal graduate level academic instruction in the science and theory of resistance training, as well as to promote student production of research that directly relates to the neuromuscular adaptations involved with resistance training.
Admission requirements for the Master of Science (M.S.) in Exercise Science at George Washington University:
The MS in Exercise Science does not require the GRE or any other standardized test for admission.
2. Two letter of recommendations.
3. Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript.
4. Statement of purpose.
5. Graduate applicants who have not completed a post-secondary degree from a regionally accredited US institution are required to submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) or PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic) scores.
Academic IELTS: an overall band score of 7.0 with no individual band score below 6.0.
TOEFL: 100 on Internet-based.
Application deadline for the Master of Science (M.S.) in Exercise Science at George Washington University is Fall – March 15 (Applications must be complete by December 15 for priority scholarship consideration.)
MS in Kinesiology
College description: By emphasizing their kinesiology master's degree in biomechanics, applicant will build a balanced foundation in the science of human movement and hone skills useful in both research and occupational settings. This thesis program prepares applicant for careers in allied health, corporate laboratory research, and university teaching and research or doctoral studies in the field.In this research-oriented program, applicant will complete 24 hours of coursework including a master's thesis, with opportunities for hands-on learning through the university well-equipped research laboratories and working fitness center.Applicant must complete at least 12 hours of coursework in the Exercise Science department, in addition to their thesis credits.
Admission requirements for MS in Kinesiology (Sport Pedagogy) at University of Georgia:
1. Hold an undergraduate degree.
2. Transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
3. Three letters of recommendation.
4. A vita or resume.
5. A statement of purpose.
GRE scores are required only for application to the MS thesis program. The GRE is not required for admission to the MS non-thesis program specializing in Kinesiology (Sport Pedagogy).
Application deadline for MS in Kinesiology (Sport Pedagogy) at University of Georgia is January 10 (thesis) and June 1 (non-thesis).
M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis in Clinical Exercise Physiology program
College description: Master Of Science In Health Education advanced degree is designed to train and mentor the next generation of health education specialists that provide and manage programs through the provision of foundational and professional classroom education combined with real-world opportunities.
Admission requirements for the for M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis in Clinical Exercise Physiology program at Texas A & M University-College Station:
1. Application Fee: A non-refundable $50 application fee for domestic applicants and $75 application fee for international applicants.
2. The applicant’s academic record – including an undergraduate grade point ratio (GPR) in the last 60 semester hours.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores not required for M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis in Clinical Exercise Physiology program at Texas A & M University-College Station.
4. Relevant experience as shown on resume or CV.
5. Foreign students whose native language is not English must have a score of at least 550 paper-based or 213 computer-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination for Foreign Students whose native language is not English.
6. Students desiring to complete a thesis must submit written request to do so in the essay.
7. Personal statement of purpose essay.
8. Three letters of reference.
Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport Studies
Admission requirements for the Kinesiology Master’s Programs at The University of Tennessee-Knoxville:
1. A $60 application fee for new applicants and a $30 fee for students who were previously enrolled as graduate students at UT.
2. Unofficial academic transcripts from every undergraduate institution attended are required.
GRE scores are NOT required for Kinesiology Master’s Programs at The University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
4. A current resume is required as part of the application process.
5. Letters of recommendation.
6. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take and pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology
College description: The AKA is an organization of over 175 kinesiology departments housed in colleges and universities nationwide and promotes and enhances kinesiology as a united field of study.The scope of the research topic for the thesis should be defined in such a way that a full-time student could complete the requirements for a master’s degree in twelve months or three semesters following the completion of course work by regularly scheduling graduate research credits.The Degree schedule form must be approved before a defense is scheduled.Use of limited number research credits in partial fulfillment of the requirements for a coursework degree may be allowed in exceptional cases.A graduate program may require an oral or written examination before conferring the degree.For -detailed information, see Degree Requirements and the university Graduate Student Handbook.
Admission requirements for the Master of Science in Kinesiology at Michigan Tech:
1. A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
2. The Statement of Purpose should strongly convey the purpose for applying to the selected graduate program.
3. Certified copies of the previous college/university transcripts are required.
4. A resume / curriculum vitae.
5. A writing sample.
GRE not required for Master of Science in Kinesiology at Michigan Tech.
7. Michigan Tech requires a minimum 79 overall TOEFL or 6.5 overall IELTS score for International applicants.
Master of Science in Kinesiology with a Concentration in Exercise Physiology
College description: Master of Science in Kinesiology with a Concentration in Physical Education Teacher Certification.The traditional master degree program allows individuals holding Class B certification in physical education to earn a Master of Science degree and Class A certification. In deference to working students, the traditional master program may be completed entirely online, although certain courses are also available on campus. Students are able to finish their degree requirements in as few as three semesters or may choose to take a slower path up to five years — to complete their degree.To be eligible for the latter, candidates must hold valid Alabama Class B certificates in physical education.Graduates of the Traditional Master Physical Education Teacher Certification program are eligible for Class A Professional Educator Certification through the State of Alabama Education.With this degree and Class A certification, graduates may pursue an Educational Specialist degree in order to be eligible for Class AA certification in physical education.
Admission requirements for Master of Science in Kinesiology with a Concentration in Exercise Physiology at University of Alabama at Birmingham:
1. An undergraduate biology, chemistry, human anatomy, and human physiology courses.
2. An overall GPA of 2.75 or higher.
3. An official transcript.
4. Three letters of recommendation.
5. International applicants must also submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores to the Graduate School.
GRE or MAT scores are not required for Master of Science in Kinesiology with a Concentration in Exercise Physiology at University of Alabama at Birmingham.
College description: Each year the Graduate Kinesiology program offers different opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience.Graduate Student Coordinator FellowshipsThe students hired for these positions will be eligible to receive an academic scholarship , in addition to being paid hourly.Graduate Student Teaching OpportunitiesThe students hired for these positions will be paid via a stipend throughout the semester.Kinesiology Student Employment OpportunitiesThe students hired for these positions will be paid hourly throughout the year.Saint Mary’s offers the opportunity to complete their degree in 14-26 months.Berta Tintore ’85, MA ’89, earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and a Master of Arts in Health, Physical Education, and R.
Admission requirements for Master of Arts Program in Kinesiology:
1. All applicants must have an earned Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
2. Online Application.
4. Personal Statement.
5. Three (3) Letters of Recommendation.
6. Current Resume.
7. Non-refundable application fee ($50).
The Master of Arts Program in Kinesiology does not require applicants to submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
College description: Kinesiology is often defined as the study of human movement. The Master of Science in Kinesiology at CBU encompasses the experience of physical activity, the theoretical and conceptual bases of physical activity, and the professional practice centered in physical activity.The M.S. in Kinesiology offers a rolling admission policy, and accepts students for the fall , spring or summer semesters. Students may begin the program in any semester or term.There are no prerequisites for the sport management concentration however, the physical education concentration requires a minimum of 12 semester units of study in kinesiology including a basic movement anatomy or related course completed with a C or better. The Exercise Science concentration requires courses in Anatomy and Physiology, Exercise Physiology and Biomechanics or the equivalent.Candidates may choose between the sport management, exercise science and physical education concentrations. All students in the Master of Science in Kinesiology will complete 15 units of core courses and 18 units of concentration coursework.The M.S. in Kinesiology program is designed to accommodate the busy schedules of working adults.
The admission requirements for the M.S. in Kinesiology at CBU:
1. Completion of application for admission with $45 application fee.
2. Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or the evaluated equivalency, with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 for unconditional admission.
3. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
4. Three recommendations from professional or academic sources who can address the potential for success.
5. Essay of at least 500 words.
6. An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
The minimum score required to display English language proficiency for graduate programs is 80 IBT.
7. Resume identifying all previous work and education experiences.
No GRE required for M.S. in Kinesiology at CBU.
Application Deadlines for the M.S. in Kinesiology at CBU:
Fall: May 15
Spring: November 1
Summer: March 1
The University of TampaRanked 24 in Best Regional University in South Coast.
M.S. in Exercise and Nutrition Science
College description: Master of Science in Exercise and Nutrition Science Virtual Information Session.Members of the Graduate Admissions team will be available to answer their questions and assist applicant with their application.Master of Arts in Social and Emerging Media.
Admission requirements for the Master of Science in Exercise and Nutrition Science at The University of Tampa:
1. A bachelor's degree in a related field, such as health science or nutrition, from a regionally accredited college or university.
The GRE is not required for the Master of Science in Exercise and Nutrition Science at The University of Tampa.
3. Completed application.
4. Official transcripts of all previous college work, received directly from each institution.
5. Two professional reference forms completed by individuals who attest to the applicant's professional background and academic potential.
7. Personal statement.
MS Applied Exercise Science
Admission requirements for the MS Applied Exercise Science: Sports Nutrition at Concordia University-Chicago:
1. A conferred bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent non-U.S. degree.
2. A cumulative grade point average above 2.85.
3. Transcripts from institutions where degrees were earned.
4. Letters of Recommendation.
GRE scores are not required for the MS Applied Exercise Science: Sports Nutrition at Concordia University-Chicago.