There are 174 universities offering Masters degrees in Economics, out of which we have listed 11 universities that don't require GRE for Economics Master's programs.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyRanked 7 in Best National University.
MIT Graduate Admissions
College description: MIT Economics provides state-of-the-art computer lab facilities available for use 24 hours a day, seven days a week.Graduate students may also look to several computer-lab user consultants for assistance and direction. The user consultants are drawn from the ranks of current economics Ph.D. students.
Admission requirements for the Master's in Economics:
1. Online application.
2. $75 Application fee.
3. Statement of objectives.
4. Three letters of recommendation.
6. GRE scores not required for the for the Master's in Economics program at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
7. TOEFL or IELTS test score for international applicants whose native language is not English.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum score required is 7.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Minimum score required: 100 (iBT) 600 (PBT)
Rice UniversityRanked 19 in Best National University.
Master of Energy Economics
College description: The Master of Energy Economics is a professional master’s program emphasizing applying economic theory, economic and financial modeling and analysis, and quantitative and statistical methods to provide insightful analysis of issues and policies affecting the energy industry.The MEEcon degree is designed to educate future leaders and strategic thinkers in the energy sector. Built upon programs in the Economics Department and the Baker Institute’s Center for Energy Studies , the MEEcon degree provides a new avenue for energy professionals to develop human capital relevant for business development and or strategic planning roles.Description: Provides transfer credit based on student performance on approved examinations in microeconomics, such as the Advanced Placement microeconomics exam or the International Baccalaureate higher-level economics exams, or for an approved introductory microeconomics course. Students may not receive credit for ECON 111 if credit for ECON 201 211 has already been awarded.Description: Provides transfer credit based on student performance on approved examinations in macroeconomics, such as the Advanced Placement macroeconomics exam or the International Baccalaureate higher-level economics exams, or for an approved introductory macroeconomics course.Restrictions: Enrollment is limited to students with a major in Economics or Mathematical Economic Analysis.Topics include the foundations and applications of game theory, the economics of choice under uncertainty, and information economics including issues of asymmetric information.
Admission requirements for Master of Energy Economics:
1. Application fee: $85.
2. Professional resume.
3. Statement of Purpose.
4. Three letters of recommendation.
5. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
6. Approved TOEFL scores for applicants whose native language is not English and who did not receive a degree from a country in which English is the official language of communication.
7. Applicants are recommended but not required to submit scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for Master of Energy Economics.
Application deadline for Master of Energy Economics is February 1.
University of RochesterRanked 33 in Best National University.
College description: Applied economicsFrom Monday to Friday, University of Rochester has seminars in macroeconomics, international economics, economic theory, applied economics, and econometrics.These seminars give students opportunities to see the very latest work in economics and often provide inspiration for dissertations.
Admission requirements for MA program in Economics:
1. Applicants must submit an online application.
2. A transcript.
3. The names of two University of Rochester faculty members as references.
4. A personal statement.
5.Two letters of recommendation.
6. GRE or TOEFL scores are not required for MA program.
7. Provide evidence of English proficiency in the personal statement.
The deadline for application for MA program in Economics is June 15.
George Washington UniversityRanked 54 in Best National University.
Applied Economics program
College description: The George Washington University’s Master of Arts in Applied Economics provides students with the tools to succeed as economists in today’s data-driven world.Students may enroll full-time or part-time to accommodate their work schedule while pursuing their degree. Students may also enroll simultaneously in a Graduate Certificate program in areas such as data science, budget and public finance, accountancy, financial management, digital marketing, and .Graduates are prepared for positions as economic analysts in government, private consulting firms, financial institutions, international organizations, and applied policy research institutions. The university classes integrate academic scholarship with hands-on research and data projects and allow the university graduates to enter the job market with proven skills to succeed as economists in today’s data-driven world.The university students come from the US and around the world and are a mix of recent graduates and students with years of work experience.The MA in Applied Economics is a STEM-designated program.In an essay of 500-1,000 words, state their purpose in undertaking graduate study in their chosen field.
Admission requirements for the MA in Applied Economics program at George Washington University:
1. Online application.
2. Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript.
3. Letters of Recommendation.
4. GRE is not required for the MA in Applied Economics program at George Washington University.
5. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the PTE Academic is required of all applicants except those who hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the United States or from an institution located in a country in which English is the official language, provided English was the language of instruction.
Minimum scores for the M.A. program are:
Academic IELTS: an overall band score of 6.0 with no individual score below 5.0
TOEFL: 550 on paper-based or 80 on Internet-based
PTE Academic: 53
6. Statement of purpose.
Purdue University-Main CampusRanked 62 in Best National University.
Admissions to MS in Economics Program
College description: An M.S. with a specialization in Production Economics prepares the student to deal with questions of profitability, risk and stewardship in management of biological systems. In developing countries, production economics M.S. graduates commonly work for non-governmental organizations , for government agricultural services or in supporting research.In short, the production economics specialization prepares students for any career that requires an understanding of the economics and management of biological systems.PhDs with a specialization in Agricultural Production Economics work in many of the same organizations that employ M.S. degree staff, but they are usually involved in advanced research. In addition to being an area of Ph.D. specialization, many students with specializations in agricultural finance, resource economics, marketing, trade or policy also take courses in the production area.
The Online MS Economics program admission requirements:
1. Statement of Purpose.
2. Two online recommendations are required.
3. Official Transcripts.
4. Scores for the GMAT/ GRE exams are not required for the Online MS Economics program.
5. International applicants must hold a bachelor degree or its equivalent from an accredited college in the U.S. or abroad.
The Online MS Economics program admission deadlines:
Priority Deadline: November 30
Final Deadline: December 13
Priority Deadline: July 1
Final Deadline: July 30
American UniversityRanked 71 in Best National University.
Online Masters in Economics
College description: To prepare applicant for a career that fits their interests, American University offers five distinct tracks: applied economics, development economics, gender analysis in economics, financial economic policy, and applied economicsTheir training will include using state-of-the-art statistical software in applied economics research. The extraordinary array of intellectual and professional opportunities offered by the nation capital make American University the ideal place for applicant to study economics.Most graduate level courses are offered in the evening, and the master degree can be completed in either full-time or part-time status.Offers a rigorous combination of theoretical courses in economics and field courses-such as labor, international finance, or trade-and economic history .Applies gender analysis to a variety of economic problems, including those in labor economics, public finance, development, and international trade and investment. See also: Program on Gender Analysis in Economics.The university students and graduates find successful careers and rewarding internships with some of the world most important institutions, including the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Deloitte, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Inter-American Development Bank, the International Monetary Fund, J.P. Morgan, and the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.Recent placements of American University Master in Economics graduates include.In addition, many of the university graduates have gone on to pursue PhDs in Economics.Much than finance, banking, business and government, a degree in economics is useful to all individuals and can lead to many interesting career choices.Prior to enrolling in any MA courses, however, students must show that they have met the prerequisites for the program including: Intermediate Microeconomics and Intermediate Macroeconomics Basic Statistics and Applied Calculus Prerequisite credits are not counted toward their degree.Students choose from one of five tracks: General, Development Economics, Gender Analysis in Economics, Financial Economic Policy, and Business Economics.Students must complete 30 to 36 hours of approved graduate work, depending on the specific track chosen by the student.
Admission requirements for Online MA in Economics, Applied Economics Specialization program:
1. Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
2. GRE test is not required for Online MA in Economics, Applied Economics Specialization program.
3. A statement of purpose.
4. A completed application and $55 application fee.
5. Current resume/CV.
6. Official transcripts from all academic institutions from which the credits are earned.
7. Letters of recommendation.
8. A TOEFL score of 600 (or 100 on the Internet-based test), a minimum score of 68 on the Pearson Test of English, or a minimum IELTS score of seven (7) is required. Additionally, applicants with international transcripts must have them evaluated course-by-course.
North Carolina State University at RaleighRanked 95 in Best National University.
Economics Graduate Program-Admission requirements
College description: Students may enroll in the track on either a full-time or part-time basis.Students may simply select from appropriate ECG and other approved courses.A thesis is required for the MS degree rather than the MR degree Up to 6 credit hours of ECG 695 may be applied toward the degree as electives
Master of Science in economics (MS) degree admission requirements:
1. Graduate School Application.
2. International students must demonstrate their proficiency in English by providing Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores or Duolingo English test scores.TOEFL score of at least 80 on the Internet-based Test (iBT), with minimum test scores of 18 for each section, a minimum score of at least 6.5 in IELTS and a minimum score of at least 110.
4. Three Recommendation Letters from academic sources.
5. Personal Statement.
6. $75 Application Fee for US citizens & Permanent Residents Applicants / $85 Application Fee for International Applicants.
7. The GRE scores are not required for the Master of Science in economics (MS) degree.
Application deadline for Master of Science in economics (MS) degree is June 15.
Saint Louis UniversityRanked 99 in Best National University.
Applied Financial Economics, M.S. Saint Louis University
College description: The MA program features a STEM discipline. The university MA program provides hands on research to develop marketable skills such as programming and problem solving skills. According a recent ranking by collegechoice.net the university MA program is #16.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis once all application materials are received. Application files are reviewed holistically (undergraduate performance, internship or professional experience and professional goal statement). The average time for admissions decisions is one to two weeks.
Admission Requirements for Applied Financial Economics, M.S. program:
1. Completed online application.
3. Two letters of recommendation.
5. Professional goal statement.
6. No GMAT or GRE required for Applied Financial Economics, M.S. program.
7. English Language Proficiency Scores: For non-native speakers of English, an official TOEFL or IELTS score report is also required and must be sent directly from ETS or the British Council. This program requires a TOEFL score of 88 and an IELTS broadband of at least a 6.5.
University of San FranciscoRanked 106 in Best National University.
MS in Applied Economics
College description: The Economics offers two graduate programs — the MS in Applied Economics and the MS in International and Development Economics.Applicants must hold a bachelor degree from an accredited institution by the start of the Master’s program. The program is highly quantitative, so the admissions committee gives particular attention to academic performance in economics, statistics, mathematics, and computer science courses.The statement of purpose is a one-to-two page statement that describes their educational and work experience as it relates to the MS in Applied Economics program, and their career goals.Their current resume or CV lists and describes their educational history, work or job history, coursework related to this graduate program, and any experiences relevant to their pursuit of graduate studies.MS in Applied EconomicsMS in International and Development Economics.
Admission requirements for the MS in Applied Economics:
1. A GPA of 3.2 or higher strengthens an application.
2. The GRE is not required for MS in Applied Economics.
3. Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
.4 Transcript from each university and college attended.
5. Statement of Purpose.
6. Current resume or CV.
International applicants are required to upload the following additional items to the online application:
1. English Language Exam.
2. International Address.
3. International Transcripts.
English Language Exam minimum scores required:
University of KentuckyRanked 127 in Best National University.
Applied Economics MS program admission
College description: Through the Gatton College of Business and Economics the bachelor of science in business and economics can be earned, while the bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, and the bachelor of science in mathematical economics and bachelor of arts and bachelor of science in foreign language and international economics can all be earned through the College of Arts and Sciences.Students interested in pairing a strong grounding in business with economics will learn accounting, finance and management while also discovering forecast general economic conditions, estimate trends, analyze data, and use economic theory to help their organization operate efficiently. Students may choose to get involved in the Economic Society or may be initiated into to join Omicron Delta Epsilon the national honor society for Economics.
Applied Economics MS program admission requirements:
1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
2. The GRE or GMAT are not required for the Applied Economics MS program.
3. Transcript from each university and college attended.
4. Statement of Purpose.
5. Current resume or CV.
6. A minimum of two recommendation letters are required.
7. International applicants must submit their official test score in TOEFL, IELTS and PTE.