Yale UniversityRanked 3 in Best National University.
Statistics and Data Science
Admission requirements for the M.S. in Statistics & Data Science at Yale University:
GRE scores are no longer required for M.S. in Statistics & Data Science at Yale University.
3. A statement of purpose.
4. A list of all the prior colleges or universities attended, accompanied by unofficial transcripts from each school.
5. Three letters of recommendation.
6. $105 application fee.
7. TOEFL or IELTS are necessary for non-native English speakers.
The application deadline for the M.S. in Statistics & Data Science at Yale University is December 15.
Brown UniversityRanked 16 in Best National University.
College description: Applicant can for the 5th-Year Master Degree, but this program is not suitable for concurrent degrees.
Applications for Data Science Initiative program open in early September for the following fall. All students begin the program in the fall (September); there is no option to start in spring. Admission is rolling, which means they may accept some students before the February 1 deadline. No applications can be accepted after February 1.
The admission requirements for Master’s Program in Data Science at Brown University are:
1. Three (3) letters of recommendation.
2. Personal Statement.
3. Work experience.
The GRE is not required for the Master’s Program in Data Science at Brown University.
5. Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not received a college degree from an institution where the instruction is in English must take the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
The minimum TOEFL score required is 620 (PBT) or 260 (CBT) or IBT (105), and prefer scores higher than that. The corresponding minimum IELTS score is 7.5.
6. CV or resume.
Online Master of Information and Data Science
College description: A bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution .If the applicant comes from a country or political entity where English is not the official language, adequate proficiency in English to do graduate work, as evidenced by a TOEFL score of at least 90 on the iBT test, 570 on the paper-and-pencil test, or an IELTS Band score of at least 7 on a 9-point scale and.The Graduate Council views academic degrees not as vocational training certificates, but as evidence of broad training in research methods, independent study, and articulation of learning.Programs may consider students for an additional academic master’s or professional master’s degree only if the additional degree is in a distinctly different field.Applicants admitted to a doctoral program that requires a master’s degree to be earned at Berkeley as a prerequisite will be permitted to undertake the second master’s degree, despite the overlap in field.Applicants may only to one single degree program or one concurrent degree program per admission cycle.If applicant are admitted, an official transcript with evidence of degree conferral will not be required.Letters of recommendation: Applicants may request online letters of recommendation through the online application system. Hard copies of recommendation letters must be sent directly to the program, not the Graduate Division.A bachelor’s degree or its recognized equivalent from an accredited institution.A Statement of Purpose that clearly indicates professional career goals and reasons for seeking the degree.The Master of Information and Data Science is designed to be completed in 20 months, but other options are available to complete the program.Please DATASCI courses are only available for Information and Data Science students.The last section covers two popular Python packages for data analysis, Numpy and Pandas, and includes an exploratory data analysis.Python Fundamentals for Data Science:Be prepared for further programming challenges in advanced data science courses.Course must be taken for a letter grade to fulfill degree requirements.Research Design and Applications for Data and Analysis:Prerequisites: Master of Information and Data Science students only.This course introduces the fundamental knowledge and skills of data engineering that are required to be effective as a data scientist.Course must be taken for a letter grade to fulfill degree requirements.Applied Machine Learning:If taken concurrently, students may not drop W205 and remain in W209.Includes relevant readings, case discussions, and real-world examples and perspectives from panel discussions with leading data science experts and industry practitioners.Capstone:Examines legal, policy, and ethical issues throughout the full data-science life cycle — collection, storage, processing, analysis, and use — with case studies from criminal justice, national security, health, marketing, politics, education, employment, athletics, and development.Students must have completed Data Science W201, W203, and W205 before enrolling in this course.
Admission requirements for UC Berkeley School of Information’s online master’s programs:
1. A bachelor's degree earned from an accredited institution.
2. Online application.
3. Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended.
4. Statement of Purpose and additional admissions statements.
5. Two professional letters of recommendation.
6. Current resume.
7. Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) External link scores for applicants whose academic work has been in a country other than the U.S., U.K., Australia, or English-speaking Canada.
8. Application fee of $120 for domestic applicants or $140 for international applicants.
GRE or GMAT scores are not required for the Online Master of Information and Data Science from UC Berkeley.
The application deadline for the Online Master of Information and Data Science from UC Berkeley is February 3.
Goergen Institute for Data Science
College description: Each module immediately engaged students in hands-on experience with tools and methods of computer or cognitive science.Students learned core concepts in computer vision through a series of hands-on exercises, from basic image processing to deep learning methods, culminating in the creation of a system for generating English language captions for arbitrary images.In this course, trainees worked in mixed teams of computer science and brain and cognitive sciences PhD students to develop an artifact that addressed a research question and or infrastructure need.The university propose to design a computer model that can classify aphasic speech in the auditory and text domains.If the university build a model that can diagnose aphasia, the university can use the weights from the model to assess the relative importance of different speech characteristics in diagnosis.Project contributions: the university group of brain and cognitive sciences and computer science students investigated whether introducing visual information the face aids in speech perception in humans and neural networks.Ben is a second year brain and cognitive sciences PhD student working with Brad Mahon.Weilun Ding is an MS student in data science with a concentration in brain and cognitive sciences at the University of Rochester.Natalia Galant is an MS in data science.Carol Jew is a third year graduate student in the Brain and Cognitive Sciences at the University of Rochester.Nathan Kent is a second year PhD student in the Computer Science department at the University of Rochester.Priyanka Mehta is a first year PhD student in the Brain and Cognitive Sciences department working with Ben Hayden.Parker is a first-year computer science PhD student, working on natural language processing with Daniel Gildea.Sudhanshu is a first year MS student in computer science.Sharong Yan is a third year graduate student.Talk presented at the 40th Conference of the Cognitive Science Society, Madison, Wisconsin.
Application materials for the MS program in Data Science at University of Rochester:
1. Unofficial transcripts in English or with a certified English translation.
2. Three letters of recommendations.
3. Statement of purpose.
5. English Language Proficiency for non-native English speakers (TOEFL/IELTS score).
TOEFL: Minimum score of 620 (paper-based test), 260 (computer-based test), or 105 (Internet test).
IELTS: Minimum score of 7.0.
The GRE is NOT REQUIRED for MS program in Data Science at University of Rochester.
7. The application fee is $60.
Online Master of Computer Science in Data Science
Admission requirements for the Illinois Master of Computer Science in Data Science (MCS-DS):
1.Applicants must have been awarded a 4-year bachelor’s degree equivalent to that granted by the University of Illinois to be eligible for the graduate programs at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
2. Online Application.
3. The university's application fee is $70 for US citizens and permanent residents and $90 for all other applicants.
4. Submit Unofficial Transcripts.
5. Three letters of recommendation.
6. A Statement of Purpose.
7. A CV/Resume.
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general aptitude tests (Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical) and subject test scores are recommended, but not required for the Illinois Master of Computer Science in Data Science (MCS-DS).
9. All applicants whose native language is not English, including permanent residents of the US should meet the English proficiency requirements (TOEFL iBT or IELTS scores).
College description: Through a structured curriculum that provides foundational knowledge as well as application skills, students in the Data Science program learn confront the most complex problems across both government and private industry using data-driven decisions.Data Science is an emerging field that aims to draw actionable conclusions from data. It uses techniques and theories from the broader areas of statistics, computer science, and mathematics. Its applications are in many fields including business, engineering, natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, and health care.The STEM-designated Master of Science degree in Data Science provides a deep foundation in statistical analysis and programming. Graduates of the MS in Data Science apply data science techniques to the solution of real world problems, communicate findings, and effectively present results using data visualization tools.Developed through a collaborative effort between the Departments of Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Geography and Political Science, the Data Science Program gives students cutting-edge tools for analyzing Big Data and teaches them extract the insights that are changing the way the university live, work, and communicate.Fall M.S: April 1 Certificate: 1 July.In an essay of 250 500 words, state their purpose in undertaking graduate study in their chosen field.
Admission requirements for the Master of Science (M.S.) in Data Science at George Washington University:
GRE is not required for the Master of Science (M.S.) in Data Science at George Washington University.
2. Two (2) academic letters of recommendation.
3. Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be uploaded to the online application.
4. Statement of purpose.
5. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the PTE Academic is required for all applicants except those who hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the United States or from an institution located in a country in which English is the official language, provided English was the language of instruction.
Minimum scores for the M.S. program are:
Academic IELTS: an overall band score of 6.0 with no individual score below 5.0
TOEFL: 550 on paper-based or 80 on Internet-based
PTE Academic: 53
Fordham UniversityRanked 58 in Best National University.
M.S. in Data Science Admissions Information Requirements
College description: This bridge course can be taken concurrently with courses that fulfill degree requirements.There are no conditional acceptances, only changes to degree requirements such as added coursework taken while students are in the program.Official Graduate Record Examination Scores: Due to the impact of COVID-19 on standardized testing, GRE scores are optional for the M.S. program for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle.
Admission requirements for the M.S. in Data Science at Fordham University:
1. An undergraduate degree in a field emphasizing quantitative skills is expected, such as a degree in computer science, information science, engineering, math, physical science, health science, business, economics, psychology, social science or urban and city planning.
2. Knowledge of discrete math, probability and statistics, including permutations, combinations, descriptive statistics, and basic probabilities concepts.
3. Basic programming knowledge and a familiarity with Python programming is expected.
4. Official degree transcripts.
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores are not required for the M.S. in Data Science at Fordham University.
7. Statement of intent.
8. Three letters of recommendation.
9.International applicants whose native language is not English are required to complete and submit to GSAS prior to matriculation their official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). GSAS will also consider a student’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS)—Cambridge English Proficiency Level language testing results and the Duolingo English Test (DET) as an assessment of the English competency.
Minimum scores required:
IELTS: 6.5 band score
The application deadlines for the M.S. in Data Science at Fordham University are:
Spring: Dec 1
Summer: Jan. 4
Fall: Recommended Deadline: Apr 5
Fall: Rolling Admissions Begins:
Online Masters in Data Science Degree
Admission requirements for an M.S. degree in Data Science program at Southern Methodist University:
1. Hold a bachelor’s degree or its recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution.
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required for Master of Science in Data Science program at Southern Methodist University.
3. A nonrefundable $75 application fee, which can be paid online, is required.
4. One letter of Recommendation from a professional or academic reference.
5. A professional resume or curriculum vitae.
6. The Statement of Purpose should explain the interest in earning the M.S. in Data Science from SMU.
7. Official transcripts from every institution attended, including study abroad and community college programs.
8. Applicants whose native language is not English must provide Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (90+) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores (6.5+).
Data Science Master
Online University of Wisconsin Master of Science in Data Science program admission requirements are:
1. A bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or better grade point average (GPA) and prerequisite courses in elementary statistics, computer programming, and database administration.
Aptitude tests such as the GMAT and GRE are not required for admission to the Online University of Wisconsin Master of Science in Data Science program.
4. Two letters of recommendation (can be professional or academic).
5. A personal statement of up to 1,000 words describing the reasons behind the decision to pursue this degree.
Continuing from MS to the TECH PhD
College description: He has received research awards from the Royal Society, the Acoustical Society of America, and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers , and most recently, he was named the inaugural IEEE Distinguished Lecturer in Data Science.Applicant earned their degrees in electrical engineering and music from the University of Illinois.The university used techniques in signal processing — a subfield of electrical engineering — to model noise in audio recordings and to develop algorithms to mitigate the noise.The first is the ubiquity and low cost of computing. Inexpensive and plentiful on-demand computing, however, has only recently come to be.Quite a lot of success currently is happening with algorithms that were conceived in the late ’70s or early ’80s — it just turned out those algorithms needed loads and loads data and computing power in order to be able to work!As the university research tools become and sophisticated, such as mass spectrometers that can see so much of a protein than ever before, there is a whole new realm of data science.Imaging is a big strength at Purdue, and it cuts across a lot of areas, such as signal processing in electrical engineering, biology, neuroscience, material science and chemistry.At the same time, data science done right requires domain expertise.In the College of Science, the university’re very fortunate to have the three core departments that comprise that foundational side.At Purdue, the university want to make sure data science becomes a part of every student’s education.The university trustees recently declared data science to be a new Purdue strategic priority, and the university new Integrative Data Science Initiative will be a primary vehicle for ensuring the university equip every Purdue student with the key skills needed to make sense of data — and to understand the basis of sound decision-making based on data.For the first time in 50 years, Purdue is building a new STEM facility for chemistry and biological sciences.
If the GRE was taken for admittance to the respective college departmental M.S. program, the applicant will not be required to take the GRE again.
This application package is routed to the respective department’s Ph.D. review committee for acceptance or denial into the Ph.D. program.
MS in Information Systems
College description: The university residential M.S. in Data Science program is located on the IU Bloomington campus and attracts aspiring data science professionals from around the globe.Applicant’ll build lifelong connections, develop an interdisciplinary approach to data science, and work collaboratively with scholars and experts across campus to solve some of the day’s biggest questions.To graduate, applicant’ll complete 30 graduate-level credit hours and choose from two distinct learning tracks in order to develop career-specific expertise.Because the Data Science Program is an interdisciplinary and applied program, it is STEM eligible via the the students.S. Education.Data Science Program resources and social media channels.
This simplified application is short and requires fewer documents initially—plus there is no application fee. This means applicant can start the application process quickly and hear from the admissions team sooner.
Check standard application requirements and deadlines based on their student status.
Final deadline, including required documents, is December 1.
No personal statement, GMAT, or GRE scores are required. Applicant will receive notification of their application status within 30 days.