SUNY at AlbanyRanked 126 in Best National University.
Cognitive Psychology Doctor of Philosophy Degree Program
College description: The Psychology at the University at Albany, State University of New York, offers the opportunity for exceptional students to pursue graduate study in Cognitive Psychology.Graduate students take courses in the core areas of cognition, memory, perception, psycholinguistics, statistics, and advanced seminars on selected topics.Students are expected to engage in research throughout their graduate study, beginning in their first year and culminating in their doctoral dissertation.The research and teaching experiences the university students have during their graduate training make them competitive in the job market once they receive their Ph.D.Out of Area Courses APSY 699 MA Thesis APSY 624 Human Memory APSY 782 Topics in Cognitive Psychology APSY 565 Psych of Language APSY 892 Practicum in Teaching.APSY 625 Info Processing APSY 782 Topics in Cognitive Psychology APSY 894 Directed Readings.APSY 782 Topics in Cognitive Psychology APSY 894 Directed readings.
Course credits taken in conjunction with completing the Tool Requirement do not count toward credit hours required for the degree.
All graduate students will be required to complete the Initial Research Project before they may take the qualifying examination.
Dartmouth CollegeRanked 11 in Best National University.
Psychological and Brain Sciences
The application components for the Doctoral degree in Psychological and Brain Science or Cognitive Neuroscience at the Dartmouth College.
1. A bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
2. A completed application form.
3. Personal statement, describing the interests in graduate study.
4. Transcript(s) from the bachelor's coursework.
5. Letters of recommendation (at least 3) from professors, research advisors, employers who can speak to the skills, experience, and promise.
The GRE is not required for admission to the Doctoral degree in Psychological and Brain Science or Cognitive Neuroscience at the Dartmouth College.
Pepperdine UniversityRanked 54 in Best National University.
Master of Arts in Teaching
Admission requirement to join the Online Psychology Master's Programs at the Pepperdine University are:
1. Online application.
2. Official transcripts.
3. Two letters of recommendation.
4. Statement of purpose.
5. Application fee.
6. International applicants must submit TOEFL scores if their native language is not English.
7. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution to be admitted into the program.
8. GRE scores are not required for Online Psychology Master's Programs at the Pepperdine University.
The application deadline to join for Online Psychology Master's Programs at the Pepperdine University in the Spring semseter is February 18.
Pacific UniversityRanked 25 in Best Regional University in West Coast.
Applied Psychological Science Program
MA in Applied Psychological Science at Pacific University the application process is based on rolling. The admission requirements are:
1. Departmental application: Fill out the application, following all instructions.
2. Official Academic Transcript(s).
MA in Applied Psychological Science at Pacific University does not require the GRE score.
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation from non-related individuals familiar with the student’s scholarly work and/or relevant work experience.
5. Resume/curriculum vita that includes prior experience in research or clinical areas, awards and scholarships.
6. A statement of interest (2-3 pages) which conveys the student’s background and previous experience including why they believe them self a good candidate for the program.
Admission deadline for MA in Applied Psychological Science at Pacific University is March 1.