GRE scores are due before the end of fall semester.
Master in Kinesiology
GRE scores are required for all applicants.
The Graduate Record Examination , prepared and administered by the Educational Testing Service, is required as part of the application for admission. The GRE is administered throughout the United States and many other countries throughout the year.
Admissions Exercise and Sport Science
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ENTRY INTO THE EXSS MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAM IN THE FALL SEMESTER OF 2020 – FOR ALL AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION – IS TUESDAY, JANUARY 14, 2020
Applicants admitted to the MA Program in EXSS typically have the following mean scores on objective indicators:
>>Undergraduate GPA: 3.51
The Graduate School recommends a minimum GPA of 3.0.
MS Exercise Science MPH
While the Northeastern University does not have any course or discipline prerequisites, a minimum 3.0 GPA is required.
GRE scores are required of all non-Northeastern University graduates.
TOEFL scores are required from all international students, in addition to the GRE.
Kinesiology Community Health
In addition, a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for any postgraduate studies.
Following are guidelines for application to the MS and PhD programs in Kinesiology. Applicants to the Master’s of Science in Occupational Therapy program (MS-OT) or Doctorate in Occupational Therapy (OTD) use different procedures
The numbered preview below summarizes What You’ll Need if you apply for the MS or PhD in the Department of Kinesiology at UW-Madison. Then more detailed information follows about each of the numbered application items.
1. Online Application: The UW Graduate School Online Application, including its supplemental apps section (to name your Kinesiology area of specialization or track), must all be submitted at the Grad School web site.
2. GRE: inesiology requires GRE scores for the general test. GRE scores may be self-reported when you apply, but if admitted we will require an official report. Official scores can be submitted to UW Madison using the institution code 1846. Copies, faxes, and PDFs are considered unofficial
3. Personal Statement: Kinesiology needs your personal statement of reasons for graduate study included within your online application to the UW Graduate School. As part of your personal statement, you should discuss why you want to be considered for the track or area of specialization identified in the supplemental application portion of the online application.
4. Letters of Reference: Identify at least three persons who can recommend you as qualified for grad study.
5. Transcripts: All university-level educational transcripts should be provided. You may upload electronic transcripts. Your unofficial transcripts, if legible and complete, will suffice for departmental review. If admitted, official transcripts will need to be submitted to the Graduate School
6. International Students: TOEFL (or similar). Official scores are requested by the student and submitted electronically to UW-Madison institution code 1846 by Educational Testing Service. Copies are considered unofficial.
7. Application Fee Grant: The Graduate School offers a limited number of fee grants to ensure the application fee is not a barrier for potential students. Please see the Graduate School site for more information. You can also contact the Kinesiology Grad Coordinator to enquire about fee waivers if you are not eligible or do not receive a grant through the Graduate School.
Scores from the Graduate Record Examinations are required for admission.
A total of 1000 or higher on the verbal and quantitative sections of the GRE,.
Applicants must have a graduate GPA of at least 3.5 in a research area related to human health.
Applicants may also submit the LSAT, MCAT, or GMAT instead of the GRE.
Please be sure applicant request a detailed evaluation that includes all course titles, credit hours, grade-point average , United States degree equivalency, and date of degree conferral.
Kinesiology University of Maryland
Students may qualify for admission with a 3.0 GPA for M.A. or 3.5 GPA for Ph.D. programs, strong GREs, and a focused letter detailing academic and research goals as well as previous research experiences.
The applicant academic record including a graduate grade point ratio and Graduate Record Examination
A bachelor’s degree from a U.S. institution in Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Biological Science or a related field.
A Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in science courses related to the field and the GRE (verbal, quantitative & writing) are required.
Two letters of recommendation, with at least one from a science professor.
Applicants from a country whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English proficiency.
Exercise Physiology Doctoral Degree
Successful applicants for the exercise physiology specialization typically score 700 or higher in the quantitative section of the GRE and have a strong science background, preferably with courses in chemistry, biology, anatomy, and physiology.
Doctor of Philosophy in Human Performance Emphasis in Exercise Physiology 3.0 GPA required for graduation.
Texas Christian University Kinesiology
All applicants are required to take the GRE.
Kinesiology graduate students must maintain a GPA of at least 3.0. No student is allowed to graduate with less than a 3.0 cumulative GPA. All grades are included in the computation of the GPA, but no than six hours of a minimum of a C or C may be utilized in satisfying degree requirements.
The graduate application for all graduate programs is accessible online at the Graduate School website. The Graduate School Bulletin is also available on the web.
Applications must be submitted by February 1 for September admission.
For the UMass Kinesiology program, each faculty member accepts his/her own graduate students. This means that rather than applying to the program at large, students apply to study under a specific faculty member. The most effective way to gain acceptance is to target a specific lab and contact the director of that lab directly to determine if his/her interests matches with yours and if there is an opening for a graduate student. Please be sure to include the faculty member you would like to work with in your personal statement.
All applicants must meet the general requirements of the Graduate School at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Admission decisions are based on a review of all application materials. TOEFL scores of 600 or higher (250 or higher on the computer-based version) must be submitted by international applicants who are not native English speakers. Accepted M.S. students generally have undergraduate GPAs of at least a 3.0 and GRE scores of at least 300 (including 144 or higher in the quantitative section). Accepted Ph.D. students generally have GRE scores of at least 310, with 150 or higher in the quantitative section.
– Frequently Asked Questions
Kinesiology majors must have an overall 2.0 GPA and complete a five-course core with a minimum GPA of 2.0 in each class by the time they reach junior status
Auburn UniversityRanked 103 in Best National University.
School of Kinesiology Graduate Admission Requirements
Bachelor’s or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
Competitive Graduate Record Examination score in the 20th percentile or higher
Kinesiology and Sport Studies Doctoral Programs
GRE scores are required for all PhD applicants. The GRE must have been taken within five years of application date.
Temple UniversityRanked 121 in Best National University.
College of Public Health
To be considered for admission to the MS in Athletic Training program, applicant should have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
The GRE requirement may be waived if applicant have a terminal degree from an accredited institution.
Current résumé: Submit a résumé or CV that includes their GPA, as well as relevant clinical and research experiences.
A waiver of the GRE may be considered for domestic applicants based on academic history and or 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the field of healthcare informatics.
GRE or MAT score: their score should be in the top 50th percentile.
To online MS in Recreational Therapy program, applicant should have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
A GRE or MAT score is required.
Applicants must have completed their BSW from a Council on Social Work Education -accredited program within the past five years and have a minimum 3.25 GPA, both overall and in their major.
GRE score: GRE scores are required.
GRE score: their score should be at the 50th percentile or higher.
A cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 in three graduate courses if the BSN GPA is less than 3.5.
Applicant will need a master’s degree in occupational therapy with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to or applicant must have completed Temple’s post-professional certificate in occupational therapy.
GRE scores are only required if their master’s GPA is lower than 3.0.
The Temple University does not have a minimum for GRE scores but recommend that applicants attempt to earn scores close to the average for admitted students.
Most admitted students have GRE scores much higher than the 50th percentile.
Students seeking admission must submit satisfactory credentials from previous study, including a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, acceptable GRE scores , and three letters of recommendation.
University of UtahRanked 127 in Best National University.
College of Health
GRE Scores: The GRE requirement has been suspended for the 2021 application cycle due to Covid-19.
Note — Submission of GRE scores is required for program consideration for all graduate degree programs.
Competitive applicants will generally have a GPA of 3.5 or better in their graduate coursework as well as scores around the 50th percentile on the verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing portions of the GRE exam.
Exercise Physiology University of Louisville
Admission will be based on a holistic approach using minimum GPA and GRE requirements, prior coursework , experience, three letters of recommendation, resume, and a personal statement explaining interest in the program and long term objectives.
Average GRE scores for successful student usually range from composite scores of 293-310 and 4.0-4.5 on the Analytical section.
Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Science
Official GRE scores must be sent directly to Graduate Division Student Services.
Master Degree in Biomechanics Program
The university program requires applicant to take the GRE. GRE scores are only valid for five years from their date of administration.
Graduate Record Examination scores — If applicant cannot take the exams prior to submission or have not received their scores, indicate such in their application and give a possible receipt date.
Acceptance into the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Kinesiology program is by vote of the departmental Graduate Research Degrees (GRD) committee.
Admittance to the program will be based on a series of criteria that includes:
1. Undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) - most admitted students have a GPA above 3.5
2. Graduate Record Exam (GRE): most admitted students score above the 60th percentile on the Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning sections and at least 3.5 on the Analytical Writing section.
3. Letter of Research Interests with Statement of Professional Goals
4. Writing Sample (examples: thesis, journal articles, professional reports, etc.)
5. Personal Interview with a potential faculty advisor (note: when possible, this should be an in-person interview; when travel distance is a concern, this may be a telephone or video conference interview)
All decisions concerning admissions to the Ph.D. (Kinesiology) program are made by the GRD committee in the department and are arrived at on a competitive applicant pool basis.
Kinesiology, M.S., Early Entry
Acceptable scores on the appropriate graduate standardized test
Dallas Baptist UniversityRanked 35 in Best Regional University in West Coast.
Master of Education in Kinesiology
Applications for admission to a master's program are processed by the Admissions Office
1. A formal Application for Admission to pursue a specified master's degree program
2. A non-refundable application fee of $25 (The fee is waived if the online application for admission is submitted)
3. A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
4. Official transcripts from each institution attended as an undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, or graduate student
5. A likelihood of academic success as demonstrated by a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale in all previous course work
6. Two letters of recommendation from non-family members
7. A Statement of Purpose outlining reasons for seeking admission, answering each question with approximately 150 words, as this is considered a writing sample
8. A current professional resume
The admission requirements listed above are specific to this degree program and are supplemental to the Graduate School’s requirements for Full Admission. Admission to one graduate program does not guarantee admission to another. Applicants who show potential for graduate study, but do not meet the criteria for Full Admission, may be admitted for up to 12 hours under provisional status. Students admitted under Provisional Admission will be granted Full Admission upon successful completion of 12 credit hours and fulfillment of the conditions of their admission as determined by the Master’s Degrees Admission Committee.