Harvard UniversityRanked 2 in Best National University.
PhD Program in Biological Sciences in Public Health
The deadline for applying to the PhD program is December 1st of every year. NOTE: Your application should be complete and submitted entirely by December 1. Late materials will not be considered.
Applicants can opt to take the GRE general test in time to meet the December application deadline. There is no substitute test for them.
Applicants can opt to take the GRE general test in time to meet the December application deadline. There is no substitute test for them. If you choose to submit GRE scores, they should be sent directly to GSAS
Our program like all GSAS doctoral programs, only accepts TOEFL scores if an applicant’s native language is not English and s/he does not hold a degree from an institution at which English is the language of instruction.
The reference letters must be uploaded by the writer onto the admissions website. There are a few questions they answer as well.
Copies of your transcripts may be uploaded as part of your online application through GSAS. Official transcripts are only required upon being admitted into the program.
Cornell UniversityRanked 15 in Best National University.
Transfer requirements for Biological Sciences
In general, competitive applicants have at least a minimum GPA of 3.5.
Although applicant can enter unofficial GRE scores on the application site, full consideration of their application requires that Vanderbilt receive official scores.
Applicants to the university graduate program are evaluated on the totality of their scholarly achievements, including previous research experience as well as GPA and test scores.
Applicant must earn an overall transfer GPA of 2.80 or higher to be a competitive candidate for admission to any majors in the College of Biological Sciences. Candidates must complete courses comparable to the following UC Davis courses with a GPA of at least 2.50 for each series.
Courses should be taken for a letter grade, with no grade less than C however, grades in recommended courses are not assessed as part of a College of Biological Sciences major course group GPA.
Achieve a minimum overall GPA of 3.20 from the time their TAG is submitted, up to the time of enrollment.
Within these, a cumulative science GPA of 3.0 or recent positive academic trend is strongly recommended for a competitive candidacy.
One year of English composition with minimum GPA of 3.0.
#4 Demonstrate aptitude for science course with a cumulative GPA of ≥ 3.20.
Fordham UniversityRanked 58 in Best National University.
Admissions Information Requirements
Guidelines and Information for M.S. in Biological Sciences
1. hold a bachelor's degree in the biological sciences or related major
2. have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0)
3. have an acceptable combined GRE score
Completed applications to the M.S. in Biological Sciences will include each of the following items:
**Resume:** Up to two pages in length (submit via the online application).
**Statement of Intent:** The Statement of Intent for the M.A. in Biology requires students to answer some questions and also imposes a 300 word maximum for each question.
**Official transcripts:** Official degree transcripts confirming prior degree conferral should be ordered at least one month prior to the application deadline. Please ensure that they are sent directly to the Office of Admissions via secure electronic delivery.
**Official GRE scores:** should be sent directly by the testing service to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Fordham University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
**Official GRE Subject score:** recommended not required
**Three letters of recommendation:** submitted directly by referees via the online application
**English Proficiency:** International applicants whose native language is not English are required to complete and submit to GSAS prior to matriculation their official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). GSAS will also consider a student’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS)—Cambridge English Proficiency Level language testing results.
Master of Biological Sciences
In exceptional circumstances, promising applicants with lower GPA or less work experience may be considered for the program. An explanation for GPA, and evidence that academic success at the graduate level is achievable, must be addressed in the application
All successful applicants to the graduate program are provided financial aid through Graduate Assistantships and fellowships.
Applicants should have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale).
International students must also meet TOEFL score minima (90 minimum for internet based tests, 233 minimum for computer-based tests, and 577 mininum for paper-based tests) or IELT score minimum 6.5.
The GRE is neither required nor considered when making admission decisions.
To compete for financial aid, applications for fall admission must be completed by December 15.
The Graduate Record Examination General test is required.
There is also the possibility of entering the program after the successful completion of two courses of the Biological Sciences core with a grade of B or better as a continuing education student and the achievement of an overall GPA of 3.0 in graduate classes attempted.
There is also the possibility of entering the program after the successful completion of two courses of the Biological Sciences core with a grade of B or better as a continuing education student or as a student enrolled in other UD graduate programs and the achievement of an overall GPA of 3.0 in graduate classes attempted.
The Biological Sciences Graduate Program utilizes a rolling admissions process by which applications are evaluated as they are received. Following review by the Graduate School, applications meeting the minimum criteria are referred to the department admissions committee for further consideration. The goal of the admission process is to identify students who will thrive in the program and continue to successful research and or teaching careers.
1. Transcripts from previous institution A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale is required for unconditional admission to the Biological Sciences Graduate Program.
2. A cumulative GRE score (Verbal plus Quantitative. ) of 300 or higher is required for unconditional admission to the Biological Sciences Graduate Program.
3. TOEFL score, if English is not the applicant’s native language. Students requiring as Graduate Teaching Assistants must have a TOEFL iBT speaking subtest score of 21 or higher.
Information regarding international applicants and requirements may be found at the Graduate Schools International Admissions page. All letters of recommendation must be submitted via the Graduate School’s document processing website.
Drexel UniversityRanked 95 in Best National University.
GRE test scores are required minimum score varies.
The Graduate Record Exam reflects skills that are not directly related to any specific field of study.
Auburn UniversityRanked 103 in Best National University.
A satisfactory score on the general GRE is required
The GRE is now optional for the PhD, MS, and MA programs.
To be eligible for the BA MS program, applicants must be current UB juniors majoring in Biological Sciences with a GPA ≥ 3.2.
GRE scores are optional for the BA MS program.
Biological Sciences MS
Official GRE Score
Applicants to the program are required to have taken the general GRE with no minimum score mandated by the department.
Duquesne UniversityRanked 116 in Best National University.
Duquesne Biology Graduate Admissions
Part 1: In the first part of the application, applicant will enter basic personal information, information their academic history and information their employment history and unofficial GRE scores.
Official GRE scores are required for admission.
All applications must be complete for official acceptance into the program and require the following:
1. Application form (can be completed online)
2. Essay (300-500 words in which the applicant discusses their academic interests, objectives and plans for graduate study)
3. Official undergraduate transcripts
4. Three letters of recommendation (at least one letter from a professor is preferred)
5. GRE scores (All GRE scores must be less than five years old)
6. Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (in some rare instances lower GPAs can be accepted)
Applications completed after the deadline, or those applications submitted after the deadline, will be evaluated and students will be admitted on a space-available basis.
SUNY at AlbanyRanked 126 in Best National University.
Only the GRE General Test scores are required.
Biological Sciences Graduate Admissions
All graduate applications must be submitted electronically through the Graduate College.
1. Undergraduate Degree, with undergraduate courses in calculus, organic chemistry, physics, and courses in biology equivalent to those required by Ohio University's undergraduate degree in Biological Sciences.
2. GPA of 3.2 or better in most recent degree program.
3. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) required with score of 50 percent or better in all three portions of the GRE.
4. Three letters of recommendation.
5. Statement of purpose. Provide a statement of why the student wants to pursue a graduate degree, an indication of the section the student wishes to join, a list of three program faculty the student is interested in as advisers, and at least one program faculty who is interested in serving as the student's interim adviser.
8. English Proficiency. International students whose native language is not English also must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS academic). To be considered official, test scores must be reported directly from the testing agency to Ohio University. A TOEFL-iBT of 90 is required, along with written documentation of English speaking ability from a faculty who has spoken with the applicant by telephone or in person.
Students are admitted on annual cycle. Applications must be received by January 8 for students to enter the program in fall of that year.
Requirements for Admission
Official report of the Graduate Record Examination general test.
GRE scores are waived for UMBC alumni applying to the Applied Molecular Biology Master’s program only.
The students must apply directly to the Graduate School for admission to Texas Tech University as a graduate student. Briefly, this includes submission of official transcripts for all previous college-level study, official GRE score reports, a resume/CV, a list of potential graduate advisors, and a statement of your academic and research goals. International students must also submit official TOEFL scores and a bank statement that indicates sufficient funds to cover the student's education and living expenses. Submit these application materials directly to the Graduate School through the application portal.
Your application will be evaluated by using a combination of the following four criteria:
1. your GRE general test scores (verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing).
2. Your GPA for the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work and/or for formal graduate courses.
3. Your goals statement (approximately 1 page)
4. Names of three referees who will submit letters of recommendation. You should choose referees who are able to comment on your potential for success in graduate courses and research.
For international applicants and domestic applicants who wish to be considered for any scholarships or fellowships offered through the Graduate School, application deadlines are January 15 for admission in the next Summer/Fall Semester and June 15 for admission in the next Spring Semester. The application deadlines for domestic students who are not interested in being considered for scholarships or fellowships are March 1 for the next Summer/Fall Semester and October 1 for the next Spring Semester.
Applicant will also need to send all of the supporting documents to the Graduate College including: GRE scores, Official Transcripts, TOEFL scores
Biological Sciences, Ph.D.
Admission Materials: 3 letters of recommendation, objectives, résumé, GRE.
For admission, a student should have a superior academic record, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in work or 3.2 in graduate work, three letters of recommendation and scores from the GRE
Biological Sciences Graduate Admissions
Admission to the school graduate programs is competitive and students are encouraged to early. Applications are reviewed by an admissions committee that evaluates students on the basis of past performance and evidence of ability to pursue graduate studies successfully.
To be eligible for admission to the School of Biological Sciences' graduate programs, the applicant must:.
1. Possess a bachelor's degree in biological sciences or a related field with a minimum of 120 credit hours, or possess an advanced degree in a health sciences field.
2. Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
3. Have sufficient background coursework to undertake graduate studies in biological sciences.
4. Have acceptable scores in the Graduate Record Examination aptitude tests.
5. Submit three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the student's academic performance and scientific abilities.
The school admits students to its doctoral and master's degree programs throughout the year; however, early application is advised to receive consideration for assistantships and other financial support.
Biological Sciences California Polytechnic State University
Admission to this program requires a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter units attempted, submission of satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination , and two letters of recommendation from persons knowing their academic potential.
Admission to this program requires a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter units attempted, submission of satisfactory Graduate Record Examination scores, and two letters of recommendation from persons knowing their academic potential.
Arrange for submission of their official GRE, MCAT, or DAT scores to the Department.
Master of Science in Biological Sciences Admissions
Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Satisfactory completion of the Graduate Record Exam within 5 years of application.
Official GRE score reports should be submitted directly to GradCAS.